Growing up, I would request cannolis instead of birthday cake for my birthday, so you know the love is real and this cannoli dip is as real as it gets!
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese (strained for several hours)
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar (+ a little extra for dusting the chips - not shown above)
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or pistachios
- Cannoli chips, graham crackers, pitzels, etc. for dipping or spreading
- Allow the ricotta cheese to strain for several hours. If we're being technical, you should use cheese cloth and a strainer, but I didn't have any cheese cloth so I just used paper towels and a strainer and after several hours there was a substantial amount of liquid in the bottom of my bowl and my paper towel was soaked through.
- After straining the ricotta, combine the ricotta and mascarpone until smooth
- Add in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix until fully combined
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips or any desired additives
- Refrigerate until serving