July 30, 2013

I'm Back! Oatmeal Overload!

I took quite a long hiatus from blogging, but I'm back with tons of new, healthy recipes to share!  I'm also working on revamping my blog, so bar with me through the changes!

I was never really one to get fancy with my breakfast.  Greek yogurt, chia seeds, and fruit have been my "go-to" breakfast for quite a while, but within the past few months, I've adapted a few breakfast obsessions that I'll be sharing within the week.

My greatest breakfast obsession has become oatmeal - baked, boiled, microwaved, chilled overnight - you name it, I've experimented with it.

Being that it's summer, I'd say my favorite way to eat oatmeal is chilled overnight since it's refrigerated overnight, it's a nice chilled breakfast on these hot and humid mornings.  This mornings breakfast included several of my favorite ingredients: coconut, mango, and oatmeal!  It's such an easy, refreshing breakfast that can be customized to seasonal fruit.

Coconut, Mango Overnight Oats
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1 T unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/2 t coconut extract
  • 1/2 t light agave nectar
  • 1/4 cup mango, diced
  • Optional Toppings: coconut, cinnamon, additional milk/Greek yogurt
Directions 
  1. Add all of the ingredients except the mango and toppings in a mason jar; stir until combined 
  2. Stir in the mango 
  3. Refrigerate overnight
  4. Remove from the refrigerator, stir in any additional milk/yogurt and top with shredded coconut and cinnamon
On the completely other end of the oatmeal spectrum, I also want to share this baked oatmeal recipe.  This recipe, adapted from MissK_J6, contains more of my weaknesses - chocolate, almond butter, and bananas.  I could live off of this stuff it's so good!
 Baked Dark Chocolate, Nut Butter, Banana Oatmeal
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 T unsweetened dark cocoa powder
  • 1 t natural sweetener
  • 2 T light agave nectar
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
  • 1/4 t baking powder
  • 1/2 banana, sliced
  • 1 t coconut flour, divided
  • 1 T nut butter (I use almond)
Directions 
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a ramekin with cooking spray
  2.  Add all ingredients except the banana, coconut flour, and nut butter in the ramekin; stir until combined
  3. Once mixed, sprinkle with 1/2 t coconut flour
  4. Bake for 35-45 minutes
  5. Top with banana slices, remaining coconut flour, and nut butter
There's plenty more where these came from so keep following!

No comments:

Post a Comment