September 25, 2013

Asian Cabbage Mango Slaw

I love tuna steaks - probably more than chicken, but they're so expensive that I only buy them fresh when they're on sale or for a special occasion.  This past week I wasn't planning on having tuna, but when I was at the fish counter, I noticed that tuna was on sale and couldn't pass up the deal!  I served this tuna steak over a bed of slightly sweet and tangy Asian Cabbage Mango Slaw which is fantastic as a stand along side dish, but even better when served with tuna.  I highly recommend this coleslaw to those who like fish tacos.  It's amazing when served with a nice piece of fish that's been cooked in coconut oil and lime juice!


Asian Cabbage Mango Slaw
 
Servings: 6
Ingredients
  • 2 cups shredded cabbage
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 mango, julienned
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 3 T rice vinegar
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1 T low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 T sesame oil
  • 1 t sesame seeds
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine the mango and cabbage, carrots, and green onions
  2. Whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, and lime juice
  3. Slowly whisk in the oil
  4. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat
  5. Refrigerate for at least 15-20 minutes
  6. Garnish with sesame seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment