November 20, 2013

Overnight Cinnamon Swirl PROATS

Recently, you've noticed that I've been playing around with other breakfast combinations using quinoa, hemp, chia, and shredded coconut as the base, but NOTHING has given me the creamy, deliciousness that I get from oats.  These other options work well for low carb diets, but I think I'm going to stick to oats, specifically my creamy PROATS, for the time being!

What are PROATS?  They are the perfect marriage between oats and whey protein powder.  After soaking overnight and heating up in the morning, they get this amazing creamy texture.  The flavor combinations are endless, but my favorite, for the time being, uses Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl Whey Protein Powder.  If you haven't tried it, I highly suggest it for oats and pancakes!  And if you haven't tried PROATS, I suggest making them for breakfast tomorrow!

Overnight Cinnamon Swirl PROATS
Calories (w/o toppings): 256
Fat: 5.5g - Carbs: 30.9g - Fiber: 4.5g - Protein: 20.8g

Ingredients
  • 1/2 scoop cinnamon swirl whey protein powder
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 cup raw old fashioned oats
  • 2 T plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 t vanilla extract
  • Topping: 1/4 cup mixed fruit
Directions
  1. Thoroughly combine the protein powder and milk
  2. Add the oats, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract
  3. Refrigerate in an air tight jar overnight
  4. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes until heated through
  5. Top with fruit and other desired toppings

No comments:

Post a Comment