July 31, 2013

Sweet as a Peach

Since Mike, my boyfriend, was out of town, I felt a nice salad was the easiest dinner option for myself.  I'm always on the look out for a great infused balsamic vinegar.  They're great for marinating as well as salad dressing alternatives.  I've been saving my peach balsamic vinegar for peach season, so I felt now was the best time to break into it!  There's something about a grilled chicken salad in the summer that just makes me happy.  I love how the hot, grilled chicken melts the chilled goat cheese.  Plus, the fresh summer fruits and veggies are like the "cherry on top".


Grilled Chicken Peach Salad 
serves 2
 
Ingredients
Chicken Marinade

  • 2 chicken breasts, skinned and trimmed
  • 2 T peach balsamic vinegar
  • 1 t garlic, minced
Salad
  • 2 fresh peaches, cut in half and pitted
  • 8 cups mixed salad greens
  • Mixed Vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, peppers
  • 2 T slivered almonds
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1 T goji berries
  • 2 T crumbled goat cheese
Dressing
  • Fresh cracked pepper
  • 1 T peach balsamic vinegar
Directions
  1. Combine all of the chicken marinade ingredients in a zip-lock bag, add the chicken, and marinate for 1-12 hours
  2. Preheat the grill
  3. Place the chicken and sliced peaches on the grill and grill, turning several times, until the chicken is fully cooked and the peaches have softened
  4. While the chicken and peaches are cooking, combine the salad ingredients between 2 plates
  5. Remove the chicken and peaches and chop both into small pieces
  6. Add the chicken and peaches to the salad, season with fresh cracked pepper, and top with peach balsamic vinegar
The best part about this salad was that I didn't burn down the house while starting the grill!

No comments:

Post a Comment