August 03, 2013

Low-Fat Raspberry Muffins

I bring to you yet another oat based recipe.  I saw this muffin recipe over at Dashing Dish and I knew that it was a recipe that I wanted to play with.  I have yet to try her Strawberry Shortcake version, but I can only imagine it to be delicious as my raspberry version was. 
 
Low-Fat Raspberry Muffins
makes 12 muffins
Ingredients
  •  2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup Domino light: Sugar/Stevia blend (or 1 cup sugar)
  • 1 1/2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen), divided
  • 1 t lemon juice
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners (do not use paper liners)
  2. Place all of the ingredients (except the raspberries) in a food processor, and blend until oats are smooth
  3. Pour this mixture into a bowl, and stir in 1 cup of raspberries
  4. Divide remaining 1/2 cup diced raspberries over the top of each muffin
  5. Pour the batter evenly into the muffin liners and top evenly with the remaining raspberries
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Try it out on your own with your favorite fruits!

No comments:

Post a Comment