October 27, 2013

Spicy Black Bean Hummus Dip

I usually have a container of store-bought hummus in my refrigerator at all times for munchies, but I felt like trying something different for a change.  For my first attempt at homemade hummus, I decided to make a Spicy Black Bean Hummus.  I doubled the recipe and served half as a party appetizer and saved the other half for myself!  This dip has the perfect amount of spicy flavor that I like in a flavored hummus.  I will defiantly be incorporating this into many recipes to come.  First up is going to be a Hummus Turkey Burger!


Spicy Black Bean Hummus Dip
Serves 10-12
Ingredients
  •  2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed (liquid reserved)
  • 1/4 cup reserved black bean liquid
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves; minced
  • 2 T fresh cilantro; chopped
  • 1 T lime juice
  • 1 1/2 t apple cider vinegar
  • 1 t cumin
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/4 t cayenne pepper
  • Serve With: veggie sticks, pita chips, use as a sandwich spread, etc.
Directions
  1.  Add all of the ingredients to a food processor, except the reserved black bean liquid
  2. Process until smooth
  3. Adjust spices according to desired flavor
  4. Add 1 T at a time of the reserved black bean liquid until desired consistence is reached; I used 3 T
  5. Serve as desired

No comments:

Post a Comment