November 03, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Orange Salmon

It's been a while since I enjoyed a nice piece of salmon.  Since I was short on time, I needed a flavor packed meal that didn't require any marinade time.  When I don't have time to marinate, I usually use strong flavored spices to create the flavor.  For this meal, I opted for an orange zest rub that had delicious flavor!

Sweet and Spicy Orange Salmon
 Serves 2
Ingredients
  • 1/2-3/4 lb. fresh Atlantic salmon
  • Zest from 1 orange
  • 1/2 t cinnamon or more to taste
  • 1/4 t cayenne pepper
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 t olive oil
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
  2. Combine the orange zest, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, and olive oil
  3. Rub the mixture onto the salmon
  4. Roast the salmon for 12-15 minutes until cooked through

No comments:

Post a Comment