October 31, 2013

Vanilla Protein Porridge

Here's a great alternative to your morning oats.  To keep my diet and nutrition on track and to save time during the week, I meal prep my breakfasts and lunches each Sunday for the coming week.  This week I prepared this protein and fiber packed porridge that will defiantly keep you full until lunch.  I usually change up my breakfasts from week to week, but this combination is so tasty, it's defiantly going to be sticking around for the colder months!

I recently added maple extract to my baking cabinet, and I have not been let down!  It's the perfect addition to this breakfast.  If you don't have maple extract in your baking cabinet, I suggest you go out and get some ASAP because it's amazing!  It's what took this breakfast from average to exceptional.


Vanilla Maple Protein Porridge
Serves 1
Calories per Serving (without fruit): 332 (Fat: 16.7 - Protein: 20.4 - Carbs: 12.9 Fiber: 8.3)

Ingredients
  • 2 T chia seeds
  • 1 T hemp hearts
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1 T unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/4 t maple extract
  • 1/4 t vanilla extract
  • 1 stevia packet
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup fruit of choice
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl; mix well to dissolve the protein powder
  2. Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes
  3. Top with assorted fruit of choice

No comments:

Post a Comment