December 23, 2013

Eggnog PROATS

I'm doing everything possible to make it feel more like Christmas because the weather this weekend has been unseasonably warm!  Nothing like baking Christmas cookies while it's 60+ out in Connecticut!


After yesterday's bake-a-thon, and the delicious smells of the Eggnog Cookies baking, I was craving some eggnog.  I had to make due with what I had available, so into my extract stash I went.  These basic oats are flavored with vanilla and rum extract and sprinkled with nutmeg to create the prefect seasonal breakfast eggnog bowl!
 
Eggnog PROATS

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup raw old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 2 T plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 t rum extract
  • 1/4 t vanilla extract
  • 1/4 t nutmeg
Directions
  1. Combine all of the ingredients in an airtight jar
  2. Refrigerate overnight
  3. In the morning, stir the mixture
  4. Microwave for 1 minute, stir again, and microwave for 1 more minute
  5. Dust with additional nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment