December 24, 2013

Strawberries & Cream Santa Hats

I love festive treats!  No matter what the holiday, I'll create a themed dessert to compliment the occasion.  Since I hate to repeat bake for parties, I'm always looking to do something difference.  To honor Santa and compliment my Peanut Butter Fudge, I decided to create these adorable Strawberry Santa Hats!  I wanted to compliment the rich fudge with something light and healthy so everybody could enjoy the treats without too much guilt!

Strawberries & Cream Santa Hats 
Makes 12
Ingredients
  •  12 strawberries, stems removed
  • 12 vanilla wafer cookies
  • 1 cup fat-free Cool Whip
  • 1/2 t vanilla extract (optional)
  • Finely shredded coconut (optional)
Directions
  1.  Arrange the vanilla wafer cookies on a plate
  2. Combine the Cool Whip and vanilla extract
  3. Add the mixture to a piping bag
  4. Pipe a generous amount of cream onto the wafer
  5. Arrange a strawberry on top of the cream
  6. Pipe a small amount of cream onto the tip of the strawberry
  7. Sprinkle the shredded coconut around the base of the hat to resemble snow

No comments:

Post a Comment