December 05, 2013

Maple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes

Weekends mean pancakes!  I'm able to workout in the morning so I treat myself to a nice, large stack of pancakes!  Sometimes knowing I can come home to these is the only motivation I have to get me through my workout.

I typically stick to the same base recipe, but since I have a large variety of extracts and flavored stevia, I get fancy  with the infused flavors.  I love the smell of maple, so I decided to add some maple extract to these cakes and top them with my newest Walden Farms blueberry syrup! 
Maple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes

Serves: 1

Calories per Serving (pancakes only): 277 
Fat: 4.4g - Protein: 44.6g - Carbs: 21g - Fiber: 9.8g)


Ingredients

  • 1 scoop cinnamon swirl protein powder
  • 1 T coconut flour
  • ½ t baking powder
  • 1 stevia packet
  • ¼ cup Greek yogurt
  • 2  egg whites
  • 1/4 t maple extract
  • 1/4 t cinnamon extract
  • 3 T almond milk
  • 1 t psylium husks
Serve With

  • 1 T Walden Farms blueberry syrup
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
Directions

  1. Blend all of the pancake ingredients together
  2. Heat a griddle to medium-high heat and spoon out 4-6 equal portions onto the griddle; work in batches if necessary
  3. Cook until the pancakes start to bubble then flip and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown 
  4. Serve with syrup and fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment