December 22, 2013

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Eggnog Cookies

It seems like my holiday baking is growing each year.  My mom and I initially started out by baking 2 to 3 different holiday cookies each year.  That number seems to increase each year because each person adds their own special request.  I love the Peanut Butter Blossoms, my boyfriend's likes to get his decorated Spritz cookies, my brother has to have his Ultimate Chocolate Chip cookies, my mom's request is always the Snowball "Mexican Wedding" cookies, and this year my dad's request was Eggnog Cookies.

As I've said in the past, Christmas isn't complete without an eggnog dessert, so I present to you these deliciously spiced Eggnog Cookies.  Since these soft and chewy cookies met his expectations, I'm adding them to the list of "Standard Christmas Cookies", adding 1 more cookie recipe to the growing list!

Eggnog Cookies
Makes 3 dozen
Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t cinnamon
  • 1/2 t nutmeg
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup eggnog
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • 2 egg yolks
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F
  2. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until it resembles a grainy paste
  3. Add the eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks and beat on medium until smooth
  4. Combine the remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl
  5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat on low until fully combined
  6. Drop the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet about 1" apart
  7. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg
  8. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly brown
  9. Transfer immediately to a cooling rack to cool
  10. Store in an airtight container

No comments:

Post a Comment