December 03, 2013

Vanilla Protein Blondies

Dessert is something that I'm rarely willing to give up, so I'm always working on and looking for new dessert options.  Since it's getting a little too cold to enjoy my Arctic Zero ice cream creations, I've resorted to baked goods.

I've been wanting to try a Chickpea Blondie recipe for quite a while and finally got around to making a batch.  If you're skeptical, trust me, these do not taste like chickpeas.  They actually resemble more of a banana bread, because I think I added a little too much banana, but they're delicious all the same.

Vanilla Protein Blondies
Makes 12
Calories per Bar: 65
Fat: 1g - Carbs: 8g - Fiber: 2g - Protein: 6g
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 1 cup chickpeas; drained and rinsed
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/3 banana
  • 1 1/2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
  • 2 t vanilla extract
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 5 stevia packets
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with clean cooking spray
  2. Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until fully smooth and combined
  3. Transfer to the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are brown and the a tooth pick comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment