January 28, 2014

Buffalo Turkey Burger

Since my  boyfriend refuses to eat hummus, I had to come up with another burger option for him to enjoy while I had my Hummus Burger.  I nailed it with this Buffalo Burger!
 I know he loves buffalo sauce and we had a special bottle that we bought from Yuengling so I decided to throw that into a burger for him.  He's not a fan of blue cheese or ranch dressing, but feel free to add some to the burger for even more flavor!

Buffalo Turkey Burger
 
Makes 2 Burgers
 Makes 2 Burgers
Ingredients

  • 7 oz. ground turkey or chicken
  • 2-3 T Franks Hot Sauce (or buffalo sauce of choice)
  • 1/4 t garlic powder
  • 1/8 cup onion; chopped
  • 1/8 cup celery; chopped
  • 2 T panko bread crumbs or oatmeal
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Garnish: lettuce, tomatoes, blue cheese, carrots, celery, onions, etc. 
  • 1/2 T olive oil/cooking spray
Directions

  1. Combine the turkey, hot sauce, garlic powder,onion , celery, bread crumbs/oatmeal, and salt and pepper to taste
  2. Shape mixture into two patties, each about 1/2" thick
  3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add 1/2 T olive oil
  4. Add patties and cook until cooked through and lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side
  5. Top with desired garnishing

No comments:

Post a Comment