April 24, 2014

Carrot Cake Oatmeal

Most people indulged in a nice slice of carrot cake over Easter weekend and since I missed out, I had to make up for it by recreating it in my morning oats.  This was so fantastic and I was so disappointed when I reached the bottom of the jar, that I've had to recreate this breakfast several times this week!

Carrot Cake Oatmeal

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup oat bran
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 5 mini carrots; grated
  • 2 T plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 t cinnamon
  • 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 stevia packet
  • 1 T chopped walnuts or raisins (optional)
  • 1 T Walden Farms caramel sauce
Directions
  1. Combine all of the ingredients (except the caramel)
  2. Microwave on high for 3 minutes; stopping at 1 minute increments to stir the oats
  3. Top with additional grated carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment