April 16, 2014

Quest Bar Review


I’m a quest-a-holic.  These bars have saved me from my cravings so many times.  The best part is that I’m able to satisfy my cravings while not ruining my healthy diet.  Quest Bars are an all-natural protein bar and contain only 4g of "active" carbs.  They’re gluten free and don't contain sugar unlike most protein bars.  High in fiber and protein yet relatively low in fat, this is my go-to protein bar of choice.
 
These bars are great as a standalone snack, but I’ve gotten creative with them and incorporated them into numerous treats and meals. Since I've been sharing more and more Quest Bar related recipes, I thought I would do a review of my favorite flavors and preferred methods of eating them.

Cookies & Cream
Don’t get me wrong this flavor is gets a nice creaminess when microwaved, but I was hoping for more of an Oreo flavor.

Double Chocolate Chunk
This flavor is similar to the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, but if I had to choose, I’d go with the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough just because, in my opinion, it resembles a traditional cookie more.

White Chocolate Raspberry
This is one of my favorite flavors.  I love adding it to my morning oats with some added raspberries.  It’s also great microwaved.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
My favorite flavor!  It’s saved me from my cookie monster cravings time and time again.  I love it microwaved, baked, and broiled. 

Chocolate Brownie
When microwaved this bar does resemble a brownie.  I’ve found this flavor, like all of the peanut butter flavors, to be a little hard.  Once microwave though it does resemble a gooey brownie.

Vanilla Almond Crunch
Another one of my favorite flavors.  Great broiled to resemble a cookie or muffin!

Peanut Butter Supreme
The peanut butter flavor isn’t very strong.  I’m a peanut butter addict and was hoping for something more, but left let down.

Apple Pie
I didn’t think I would like this flavor as much as I do since I’m not a huge apple pie fan, but I was surprised by how good this tastes.  It’s great when added to oatmeal or broiled.

Mixed Berry Bliss
I rely on Quest Bars to satisfy my sweet tooth cravings and this particular flavor did nothing for me.  I suppose if you like fruity cereal bars, you might like this flavor.

PB&J
Similarly to the Peanut Butter Supreme flavor, I was let down with the lack of peanut butter flavor.

Banana Nut Muffin
This bar is best broiled to crispy perfection and enjoyed in the morning as my “morning muffin”.

Chocolate Peanut Butter

Again I was letdown with the peanut butter flavor.

Cinnamon Roll
This flavor not only reminds me of a traditional cinnamon bun, but also Captain Crunch cereal.  I’ve never been a fan of the cereal, but I can imagine baking this bar in small pieces and serving with vanilla almond milk would be delicious.

Coconut Cashew
Another one of my favorites because I love anything coconut!  It’s best broiled with a dollop of almond butter on top!

Strawberry Cheesecake
Strawberry cheesecake is one of my desserts of choice, but this bar doesn’t do the dessert complete justice.  The flavors are there, but somewhere along the way this bar has become one of my forgotten flavors.

Lemon Cream Pie
I’m not a huge fan of the tangy flavor of lemons, so this bar doesn’t do anything for me.


Peanut Butter Cups
If you’re expecting something similar to a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, you’ll be disappointed.  The problem with these is that the middle peanut butter part is very dry.  The flavor isn’t terrible, but I was left needed to wash it down with a glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment