August 12, 2013

Mango/Butternut Squash Gazpacho

When I stumble upon a recipe that catches my attention, I add it to my ever-growing list of recipes to make.  It usually takes a while, but eventually, that recipe makes it to the kitchen table for a meal.  That can be said for the next recipe I'm going to share.  

Since I have a passion for combining fruits and vegetables in my dinner entrees and I consistently buy a mango every week, I knew this gazpacho was a must try!  Because it's served cold and takes under 5 minutes to prepare, it's a great recipe to enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or as a dinner side dish.

I paired the puree with grilled nutmeg seasoned shrimp that I used to dip into the gazpacho as a dipping sauce.  It was so delicious!
 
Mango/Butternut Squash Gazpacho
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups of raw of butternut squash; peeled, seeded, diced (steamed optional)
  • 3 cups of orange juice or unsweetened coconut almond milk
  • 1 mango, diced
  • 1/2 t of nutmeg/cinnamon 
  • Garnish: mango slices, shredded coconut, nutmeg/cinnamon
Directions
  1. Blend the mango, butternut squash, and about 1 cup of orange juice until just incorporated
  2. Add the remaining juice and the cinnamon/nutmeg
  3. Blend until fully incorporated
  4. Garnish with desired toppings
Enjoy this light dish as a way to beat the remaining summer heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment