December 07, 2013

Gingerbread Protein Pancakes



'tis the gingerbread season!  This past week I tried M&M’s seasonal Gingerbread M&M’s and am now I’m on a gingerbread kick.  Since I don’t have any gingerbread seasoning, I also found this great homemade version.  I’ve made a small batch that I’ll be using in my pancakes, coffee, and oats during this winter season! 

Rather than stuff my face with gingerbread cookies, I've decided to indulge with a large stack of pancakes!  I've been waiting for these all week and they met every expectation that I had.

Gingerbread Spice Mix
Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup ground ginger
  • 1/8 cup allspice
  • 1/8 cup nutmeg
  • 1/8 cup ground cloves
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a small glass jar
Uses
  • standard size cakes (9x13 or two 8" rounds), use 5 t
  • standard size cookie recipe (makes 2-3 dozen), use 4 t
  • to flavor ground coffee before brewing, use 2 t
  • to flavor pancakes or waffles (makes +/-12), use 2-3 t
Gingerbread Protein Pancakes
 Serves: 1
Calories per Serving (pancakes only): 287
Fat: 4.7g - Protein: 44.8g - Carbs: 22.1g - Fiber: 10.8g)


Ingredients

  • 1 scoop cinnamon swirl protein powder
  • 1 T coconut flour
  • ½ t baking powder
  • 1 stevia packet
  • ¼ cup Greek yogurt
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 1/4 t Homemade Gingerbread Spice
  • ½ t vanilla extract
  • 3 T almond milk
  • 1 t psylium husks

Serve With

  • 1 T Walden Farms pancake syrup
  • 1/8 cup pomegranate seeds

Directions

  • Blend all of the pancake ingredients together
  • Heat a griddle to medium-high heat and spoon out 4-6 equal portions onto the griddle; work in batches if necessary
  • Cook until the pancakes start to bubble then flip and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown 
  • Serve with syrup and fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment