December 19, 2013

Homemade Dog Treats

The holidays are a time for baking cookies, so why should we leave our furry friends out!  Even though I don't technically have a dog of my own, I can't resist making treats and spoiling my parents dog (since I'm responsible for them getting the dog).  She doesn't think she's a dog and she's defiantly treated more like a person, so it's only fitting that she enjoy some of my holiday baking.  So this post is dedicated to my one and only favorite "sister", Mia.
Since Peanut Butter Blossoms are my favorite holiday cookie, and Mia is a girl after my own heart, I decided to make these peanut butter loaded treats.  I made them festive by using holiday cookie cutters.  Just like baking for people, the smile on her face when I gave these to her, makes everything worth it!

Homemade Holiday Dog Treats
Ingredients
  • 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 T baking powder
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup milk 
  • 3 T coconut oil; melted
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
  2. In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until a thick dough forms
  3. Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface until it's about 1/4" thick
  4. Using cookie cutters, cut out pieces and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet
  5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned
  6. Transfer treats to a wire rack to cool completely until storing in an airtight container (if they make it that far)

No comments:

Post a Comment