December 14, 2013

Peanut Butter Fluff Protein Pancakes

I have a peanut butter addiction!  I need my fix daily whether it's a tablespoon straight from the jar or a scoop of PB2 mixed with my oats or yogurt.  So when I found out that Cellucor makes a peanut butter whey protein powder, it was like the Gods were singing!  I've know about this whey for a while now, but only recently treated myself to the purchase.  I'm kicking myself right now for not investing in this sooner because the flavor is so delicious!  I'd have to say this is by far my favorite stack of pancakes I've made to date!

Peanut butter is the dominant flavor, so if you're skeptical about the "fluff" it's very minimal - I don't taste it at all.  This is a great pancake base, but the flavor also makes an amazing shake for those of you that like to add some nut butter or PB2 to your shakes, this eliminates the need for that. 
Peanut Butter Fluff Protein Pancakes

Calories (with toppings): 289 
Fat: 5.3g - Protein: 42.8g - Carbs: 24.9g - Fiber: 7.1g)

Ingredients

  • 1 scoop Cellucor Peanut Butter Marshmallow protein powder
  • 1 T coconut flour
  • ½ t baking powder
  • ¼ cup Greek yogurt
  • 2  egg whites
  • 1/2 t vanilla extract
  • 3 T almond milk
Serve With

  • 1 T PB2 mixed with 1 1/2 T water or milk
  • 1/4 of a sliced banana
Directions

  1. Mix together the PB2 and milk or water until a watery yet pasty consistency forms
  2. Blend all of the pancake ingredients together
  3. Heat a griddle to medium-high heat and spoon out 4-6 equal portions onto the griddle; work in batches if necessary
  4. Cook until the pancakes start to bubble then flip and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown 
  5. Drizzle with PB2 sauce and top with banana slices

No comments:

Post a Comment