January 19, 2014

Cinnamon Swirl Protein French Toast

I'm sorry I've been MIA for a while.  I seem to have overstuffed my cabinets and I've been slowly using up pre-made marinades and sauces that I've acquired over the past year. 

I'm back today with a delicious alternative to my Protein Pancakes.  French Toast is another popular breakfast option, so I've decided to create a healthier version of this breakfast favorite!



Protein Cinnamon French Toast
Serves 1
Calories per Serving: 233 (without toppings)
Fat: 1.7g – Carbs: 29.8g – Fiber: 3.4g – Protein: 22.4g
Ingredients
  • 3 pieces of Pepperidge Farm Light whole wheat bread
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/2 scoop cinnamon swirl protein powder
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 t vanilla extract
Toppings
  • 1/8 t cinnamon
  • 1 T Walden Farm blueberry syrup
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
Directions
  1. Blend the egg white, protein powder, almond milk and vanilla extract
  2. Allow each piece of bread to soak in the mixture for about 30/45 seconds per side
  3. Spray with non-stick spray a griddle or pan and put the stove to medium heat
  4. Cook each side until lightly browned then flip and cook the other side
  5. Sprinkle with cinnamon, blueberry syrup, and fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment